1. The association shall be known as Drumsagard Village Residents Association.
2. The aims of the association are to promote the interests of the residents of Drumsagard Village and develop social and community awareness
3. The association shall be strictly non-political and non-sectarian.
4. Membership is open to all households within Drumsagard Village estate.
5. All members shall pay an annual fee the amount of which shall be determined by the committee at an Annual General Meeting and must be paid no later than 8 weeks after the A.G.M.
6. Membership fees will normally be collected by Committee Members, however, the responsibility for payment will rest with the individual household.
7. A register of members shall be kept by the Treasurer.
8. The benefits of membership shall apply to all persons normally resident in a member household except that persons under the age of eighteen years shall not be entitled to vote at General Meetings.
9. Any household whose subscription is in arrears shall not be entitled to vote or have any privileges of membership.
10. The business of the Association shall be managed by a committee which shall be elected at the A.G.M. by members present. The Committee shall retire annually, retiring members being eligible for re-election.
11. The Committee shall consist of at least a Chairperson, a Vice-Chairperson, a Secretary and a Treasurer with a maximum of fifteen.
12. The Committee shall appoint from its members a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer.
13. The quorum of the Committee shall be one half of its number.
14. Any Committee member failing to attend three consecutive meetings shall be deemed to have resigned from the Committee.
15. Only one member per household may be an office bearer, although two members of the same household may serve on the Management Committee.
16. In the event of a tie in any vote the Chairperson has the casting vote.
17. The Committee shall hold a minimum of six meetings per year.
18. The Annual General Meeting of the Association shall be held in June to receive the report and audited accounts of the Management Committee, to elect a new Committee and to transact any other competent business.
19. Special General Meetings may be called at any time, by the Committee or by the written requisition of twelve member households and all business for the meeting shall be specified in the requisition. On receipt of such a requisition the Committee shall call a meeting forthwith by giving not less than seven days written notice of the meeting and of the business to be conducted.
20. Attendance at the General Meetings shall be open to all residents of Drumsagard Village. Visitor shall be admitted at the discretion of the Committee.
21. The quorum at General Meetings shall be twenty-five voting members.
22. Full minutes of the meeting will be made available to members of the association on written application to the Secretary. The Secretary shall reply within twenty-one days.
23. The funds of the Association shall be lodged in a bank in the name of the Association and the accounts shall only be operated under the joint signature of the Treasurer and either the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson or Secretary except that transfers between Association accounts shall be permitted on the signature of the treasurer alone.
24. The accounts shall be audited prior to the A.G.M. by two persons appointed by the Committee or by a professional accountant appointed by the Committee
25. Accounts shall be available for inspection at the A.G.M.
ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION
26. The constitution may only be altered at the A.G.M. or an S.G.M. specifically convened for that purpose. All proposed changes must be submitted in writing to the Secretary at least ten days in advance of the A.G.M. or S.G.M. Any changes must be agreed by a majority of two thirds of the members present.
DISSOLUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
27. Dissolution can only occur at an S.G.M. specifically called for that purpose and such a meeting must be advertised to members at least fourteen days in advance.
28. A proposal to dissolve the Association shall only take effect if agreed by two thirds of the members present.
29. All funds, assets and documents relating to the Association shall be disposed of in accordance with the wishes of the members present.
THIS CONSTITUTION WAS ADOPTED IN JUNE 2001